Thursday, March 4, 2010

SOI - Bake sale plans

Today at SOI we plan to have a bake sale on next Friday. After watching Food Inc. for the last few days we have been discussing how we plan to raise awareness of non-organic and industrial foods. I loved Food Inc. since it gave us some great talking points about organic foods. The film itself made me feel disgusted about some of the ethics and sanitary standards of the food industry, and it did open my eye to a lot of things, like how the food industry is controlled by 4 or 5 corporation, not the 10-15 that I originally thought. This meant a lot to me since getting some facts and outside and inside opinions really helped renew our faith in the cause and give us a greater body of people to relate to, and work with. Hopefully our watching will give us some good incentive to continue on our mission, and help win the hearts and minds of people in and out of Sturgis.

No comments:

Post a Comment