Friday, March 12, 2010

Final DI project.

Over the week I finished my final contribution to the DI team. I made the "gun". My original plan of the pinball plunger like mortar fail dismally since the spring wouldn't produce enough force to propel the ball forward. I could have just called it quits right there since I had already left the team and really had no other reason to continue using my time to help them out, but that wouldn't be fair to the team to just leave them flat with less than a week to come up with something else, so on tuesday I got some more PVC pipe and got to work building something else. Since I had very few materials left I made a makeshift compressed air gun. The gun took a lot of work to plan and build, but I eventually got it done with a lot of hard work and some WD-40. I know that the design was far from perfect and it was a little thrown together, but it was a challenge to make especially since the only physics class i took was back in sophomore year and I have never made a cannon of any sort before.

No comments:

Post a Comment