Friday, February 19, 2010

DI Vacation

Over Vacation we had two DI meetings. It was a great time where we focused on set building. Prior to this I had done little to build anything so I was a bit rusty with a hammer. As a team up to this point it was hard to get together, but I made sure to go to every meeting I could. At this meeting we got all of the materials and started building our set. I was placed in charge of building the cannon. I had an idea of what I wanted to do, but I had never built a pinball-like hammer before. My plan did work after I did a little research on the internet and made some modifications. It was a hard process, and more than once I wanted to just put the thing down and go back to my relaxing, but I stuck with it and made sure that I made sure the launcher works. Now that I do have the launcher completed I can begin building the rest of the cannon.

On Monday we had a meeting after school. Unlike the other, it was not as productive and it was very trying with our tempers flaring do to our return to school. While I did not have any ill will to direct it was hard for me to keep my cool and not make things worse the way that we all did last year. The meeting ended abruptly, but we did get a small amount of set work done.

No comments:

Post a Comment